Monday 27 June 2011

Monday 27th June- Normal!!



Today for the first time since we got here, Max's platelets were in the NORMAL range at 187!!! He has gone 2 days without having a platelet transfusion. This is the first time in nearly a month that I've been able to entertain the idea of going home. I'm excited but scared by the prospect of leaving hospital. I suppose it'll be a bit like taking him home after he was first born. I know my baby is getting healthier because the days here are getting longer and longer. Initially we had a busy schedule of doctors and various tests. Now I'm happily bored! I can't wait to do the normal things that I'd always taken for granted like going grocery shopping and walking the dogs. One of the first things I need to do once he gets his IV line out is give him a bath! My stinky bubba hasn't had one since we've been here. I want to take him to the pool, the beach, the zoo, the farm and the aquarium. Max was already my world before he got sick but now I want to give him even more. He is my hero.

No comments:

Post a Comment